I often get asked by women when they should invest in business training versus education/certifications.
Before I give my opinion, you should know I believe both are important and crucial to your success. That said, there are things to consider when deciding what’s your next best step.
Regularly, I see brilliant, well-educated women with multiple certifications and degrees put off investing in business training to invest in more education.
While I’m a huge advocate of education (I have 2 Masters’ degrees and countless certifications), I find that they often feel they have to get “more” education before they can market themselves fully.
This is often a form of self-sabotage and way to stay “safe” and not risk stepping outside your comfort zone.
As long as you feel you need more education (when you already have a strong background and a level of mastery), you may be preventing yourself from the success you desire.
Women often feel like a “fraud” so they pursue more education rather than market themselves and become visible.
Unfortunately, there isn’t enough education that can make that fear disappear. That has more to do with self-esteem, confidence and feelings of self-worth.
To help you determine if you need business training, rate the following areas of your business on a scale of 1 to 10:
- Business Satisfaction (Do you love what you do – not including your income?)
- Business Development (Sales, marketing, leadership, business expertise)
- Professional Network (People who can help you achieve your goals)
- Online Marketing (Sales funnels, captivating opt-ins, social media, etc.)
- Branding (Have an authentic brand that represents you and attracts soulmate clients)
- Sales Calls (Love selling and sell from a place of service)
- Business Structures & Systemization (Nurture sequence emails, newsletters, social media platforms)
- Team Building & Leadership (VA, copywriter, social media specialist)
- Visibility (Regularly step outside your comfort zone and make yourself visible)
- Income Now (Consistent sales, earn what you’re worth, steadily increase net worth)
- Money Management (Values-based budget, balance checkbook, track receipts, conscious spending)
- Wealth Consciousness (Regular practice to up-level your mindset & wealth structures)
- Relationship To Money (Healthy relationship with money, feel supported by money)
Now that you’ve rated your business in all the above areas, it’s time to follow-up with some questions for yourself:
- What did you notice about your scores?
- Are you happy with your ratings?
- What areas of your business are really going well, and what areas need improvement?
- Is it time to invest in business training or continued education?
Last year alone, I invested over $35,000 in business training. In September, I’m heading to Thailand for a 5-week certification course. Again, there’s always a time and a place for each. As I always say, I’m a woman who believes in “and” instead of “or.”
If you find that you’re rocking it in your business, you may want to invest in developing your skills and working towards mastery.
If you see that your scores are less than a “7” or “8,” it’s a good idea to look at investing in business training.
To have a wildly successful business, you need solid systems, structures and marketing in place in addition to savvy money management practices – a killer mindset – and unshakeable confidence!
What area of business do you want to focus on next? Leave a comment, and let me know!
Gabrielle helps ambitious, high-level women double their income, skyrocket their confidence, and experience more passion, pleasure and free time than ever before! Her programs combine femininity with professional excellence and personal transformation.
Gabrielle is a Certified Tapping Into Wealth Coach and has 2 Masters' degrees: Sport Management + Spiritual Psychology. Her passion for life is contagious, and she never wants to look back with regrets and think, “What if?” And “If only.”
Latest posts by Gabrielle Whitney (see all)
- Are You Paralyzed By Your Quest For Perfection? - August 17, 2017
- Are You Really Committed To Creating Wealth? - August 16, 2017
- Money, Food, Sex + The Soul (How Fear + Power Play Out) - August 16, 2017