If you’re anything like me, you probably begin the year with a lot of goals, enthusiasm and inspiration. But, as the months go by, it’s easy to lose sight of your goals and stop doing the things that contribute to your success as motivation fades and responsibilities intensify.
As we kick-off June and enter the sixth month of the year, it’s time for a check-in and possibly a reset on your financial goals that may have fallen to the wayside.
First, we need to do a quick assessment of where you currently stand:
- How are you feeling about your financial goals?
- Are you having weekly “money dates”?
- Have you created a values-based budget?
- Do you get excited when you log in to your bank account?
- Are you starting to move towards goals you set for yourself at the start of the year?
If you’re not currently feeling empowered with money, it’s time to start having a love affair with it. (Yes, you can fall in love with your money and have a fulfilling relationship!)
To get a handle on how you’re feeling, take a few minutes and answer these four key money questions:
- How do you feel about money?
- Is it a source of joy or does it bring up anxiety?
- Do you resent money?
- Would you rather not talk about it or deal with it?
By answering these questions, you’re getting clear on how you view money and getting in touch with the feelings it stirs up inside. This is so important as it really determines everything.
Now, think about all the fun, positive things you could do with your money:
- How would generating more money allow you to live your dreams?
- How could you use it to help other people fulfill their heart’s desires?
- What charities and causes could you fund?
- How could you spoil yourself and others?
It’s time to brainstorm all the incredible things you can do with your money! Sit with it, journal about it and daydream to see what surfaces.
Let your imagination run wild and see where it takes you!
I know money can be a sensitive topic so I encourage you to be compassionate and gentle with yourself.
Here’s to becoming a savvy money manager and empowering yourself!
What will you do this week towards your financial goals? Leave a comment, and let me know!
Gabrielle helps ambitious, high-level women double their income, skyrocket their confidence, and experience more passion, pleasure and free time than ever before! Her programs combine femininity with professional excellence and personal transformation.
Gabrielle is a Certified Tapping Into Wealth Coach and has 2 Masters' degrees: Sport Management + Spiritual Psychology. Her passion for life is contagious, and she never wants to look back with regrets and think, “What if?” And “If only.”
Latest posts by Gabrielle Whitney (see all)
- Are You Paralyzed By Your Quest For Perfection? - August 17, 2017
- Are You Really Committed To Creating Wealth? - August 16, 2017
- Money, Food, Sex + The Soul (How Fear + Power Play Out) - August 16, 2017