A few months ago, a man I loved dearly passed away. He was definitely one of my soulmates in this lifetime.
We hadn’t dated in a few years, but we were friends, and our connection was undeniable. Age and illness kept us apart.
Over the years, I moved on with my life, but his death still rattled me. I remember the day I received the call that he had passed away.
Sitting at the coffee shop sipping a latte, I learned one of my great loves had died. Tears ran down my cheeks and turned into sobs. I put on my sunglasses and ran out the door.
This heart-wrenching news came weeks after a break-up. It was like dynamite had gone off in my heart. I felt raw, fragile and completely exposed.
I dove into my spiritual practices for solace. I needed something to alleviate my sadness and grief. I needed something to hold onto and show me the way.
Diving into my work and practices like never before, I felt a new sense of hope. My optimism and happiness returned, and there finally came a point where I felt free and liberated.
Why am I sharing this, you ask?
First, I feel it’s important to share my journey with my community – to share the good times as well as the challenging times. After all, life is filled with many twists-and-turns, and it’s unrealistic to only have “wins” to share.
I’m also sharing it because there’s a lot to be gained from this experience.
- It reminded me of what’s truly important in life – relationships, love, community, and connection.
- It was also after his death that I signed up for my Tantra certification in Thailand – something I wanted to do but put off for the past 3 years.
- His death was a wake-up call and huge reminder that life is short and precious. Each moment counts, and there’s no time to waste.
This also isn’t the first time in the past few years that I’ve been confronted with incredibly stressful situations, and my commitment to living my best life has been tested.
Over the past 2 years, my step-dad has almost died a handful of times, and I’ve spent countless hours in the hospital.
While sitting in the hospital waiting room, I not only worked on my new business, but I also completed an 8-month certification program in only 6 weeks!
Rather than use his health as an excuse to forgo my desires, I used it as an opportunity to fuel them.
One of my beautiful and courageous clients calls me after her daughter’s chemotherapy appointments each week. She’s decided to use her pain and turn it into power and build her dream business.
I’m truly blown away after our calls and reminded what unwavering commitment and dedication really mean. It’s only a matter of time before her vision becomes reality!
I know there are many fierce, powerful women like you in my community who are dealing with all kinds of challenging situations, and I want to remind you that you’re not alone AND you can have the life you want no matter what!
Today, I invite you to take a moment and reflect:
- Are you putting your desires on hold?
- Are you staying in an unhappy or passionless relationship and pretending it’s not “that bad?”
- Are you waiting until your kids get older to build your Empire and make an impact?
- Are you putting off investing in yourself because now’s not the “right” time?
- Are you fighting for your limitations, or are you standing in your power and claiming what you want?
Remember, life isn’t a dress rehearsal. My friend once said, “Nothing changes unless something changes.” So true!
So, what will you do differently today to create a new reality?
If you’ve been waiting for a “sign,” this is it … Your time is now!
What desires have you been pushing aside that you’re now going to move towards? Leave a comment, and let me know!
- The Secret To Creating Money Miracles! - May 19, 2018
- Show Me The Money! - May 19, 2018
- Rich Life = Rich Focus - May 19, 2018
Leave a Reply