Women often tell me that money is holding them back from pursuing their dreams – whether it’s building their business, traveling, hiring a mentor, getting a new wardrobe and the list goes on-and-on.
So, here’s the truth … It’s never about the money.
I’ve worked with hundreds of women over the years (including those in debt), and women always find the money for the things they value and really desire.
I’ve seen women ask current and ex boyfriends for a loan, take money from their retirement accounts, sell things online, work a 2nd job, slash their spending on inconsequential things, and pretty much move heaven-and-earth to get something that’s important to them.
Am I suggesting you go in debt? No.
I’m suggesting you get creative and stop using “money” as an excuse.
Rather than saying, “I can’t afford it,” ask yourself:
- “How can I afford it?”
- “How can I make this happen?”
- “What can I do to create the life/business I desire?”
- “How can I afford it?”
Over the years, I’ve done all the things I listed above (and so much more) to make my dreams come true, and if I can do it, you can too!
There isn’t anything that needs to hold you back from what you desire.
- I worked a full-time job while building my first coaching business.
- I opened up 0% interest credit cards to hire the best mentors.
- I borrowed money from family (and paid them back) to invest in my business.
- I tracked all my expenses to see where I could slash my expenses.
- I drove the same car for 10 years so I wouldn’t have a car payment and could invest money in personal + business development.
- I stopped going for my morning coffee, eating out and buying clothes to put money aside for traveling.
There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do to get what I truly want, and I’ve witnessed this over the last 14 years while coaching hundreds of women.
I have a “No excuses” policy and so do the women I coach.
There are times when I have to be truly honest and just say, “I’m not willing to do what it takes to make it happen. It’s not that important to me. If it was, I’d find a way to make it happen.”
I’ve had women tell me they can’t afford coaching and investing in their business and then go take yet another personal development workshop.
I’ve had women tell me they don’t want to put money on their credit cards and will ask me to reduce my prices, and then they’ll hop on a plane to another country.
I don’t say that with judgment.
It just comes down to priorities.
We find money for the things that are important to us.
Be honest with yourself.
Is it truly a priority to you?
If so, start asking yourself empowering questions:
>> How can I afford it?
>> What do I need to do to make it happen?
>> How can I be creative and bring in the money?
I’ve always been willing to invest in myself because I know 3 things:
- I have the “whatever it takes attitude.”
- I’m “in it to win it.”
- I’ll never give up on myself and my dreams.
Are you ready to let go of your excuses?
Once you do, you take back your power, and all your desires become possible!
Don’t let anything get in your way. Here’s to the beauty of your dreams ~
Do you often feel “money” is holding you back from what you want?
Leave a comment, and let me know!